Thursday, August 21, 2014

Guatemala Vs. USA

Camden and Hope had a journal entry they had to complete this week entitled Guatemala Verses USA. I thought I'd share Hope's because I want to remember it. I know there are some things that aren't necessarily accurate, so I wouldn't put this on Facebook or anything because I wouldn't want anyone to be offended. Not that anyone should be offended by a ten year old's perspective, but if it were to happen it would happen to me. Anyway..... I was happy to see she was pretty balanced as far as seeing positives and negatives of both countries.

Guatemala Vs. USA

USA is flat, Guatemala is beautiful.
USA doesn't have pollution, Guatemala does.
Guatemala is colorful, USA is not.
USA has one story malls, Guatemala has three story malls.
In the USA nobody's poor, in Guatemala 50% of the people are poor.
Guatemala has maids, USA doesn't.
USA is less dangerous and you can play outside at night, in Guatemala you can't.
Guatemala has way more stray dogs than the USA.
Guatemala has parasites, USA doesn't.
USA has dollars, Guatemala has quetzales.
USA has buid-a-bears, Guatemala doesn't.
USA speaks English, Guatemala speaks Spanish.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Vale La Pena

I submitted my last final of the semester around lunch time, texted my mom that I was done, and then stood at the glass door looking out...