Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Destiny Hope is 10!!!

This amazing girl turns 10 today. I feel overwhelmingly blessed to be her mom. She couldn't be more different than me. I've said that plenty of times. But she is my sweetheart. She teaches me so much, and fills my days with surprises and lots of laughter.




She continues to be the extrovert of the family. I love how she has started asking people questions to get them to talk. "Have you ever had a dog?" "What time do you wake up in the mornings?" "What's your favorite movie?"




She understands quite a bit of Spanish, but is still real hesitant to speak it. She likes being a part of our ministry's art site and education site, but we can't seem to get her there near often enough. She also is beside herself with excitement when she gets to spend time with her fellow missionary kid friends (from other ministries).




Hope has just started 6th grade along with her brother this week. Grammar, Reading, and Spelling are her strong subjects. She loves learning new things on her own... making her rainbow loom bracelets, cooking her own homemade lip gloss on the stove, discovering creative ways to do her nail polish, and watching then memorizing gymnastic routines. You tube is a school of it's own for her.




The way she continues to teach herself gymnastics makes us so proud! She teaches herself something on the trampoline first and before we know it she's doing it on the ground. She is never satisfied. Always pushing herself. Some days she limps around like an invalid because she is so sore from hours of gymnastics the day before.




Her goals in life are still the same. Get married, have five kids, and live on a ranch in Montana with lots of animals especially dogs. She adores dogs and spent a whole afternoon crying her eyes out after seeing an especially cute puppy at the feed store here in town. She knew with all her heart that dog belonged with her. I am excited about her future FOR her! I will be so happy to see her living on a ranch one day with doggies running everywhere.




She's got a red-head temper and can slam doors, wail, and make drama like a true professional. Thankfully it passes quickly and we have our sweet girl back usually before we can even figure out exactly why she is flipping out.  Camden and I have learned not to look at each other during her "displays of emotion" because we laugh and that doesn't help things. Blake is learning there is no talking to her during this time and that if slamming her door helps her feel better well she can just slam the door. Once. Hope's learned once better be all it takes to make her feel better.




Hope is very excited about her little brother that's on his way. She talks to him, sings to him, massages him out of my ribs, shakes him awake, smells his package of diapers we bought like they have the scent of flowers, and squeals and oohs and aahs over all things baby. She is learning lots about pregnancy, labor and delivery, and breastfeeding. I think she's pretty much got it figured out until she does something like puts a soccer ball in her shirt and then yanks it out screaming, "Oh my gosh! My uterus!!" Then I wonder if maybe she isn't just really confused.




She loves leggings and skinny jeans and gymnastic clothes. For her birthday dinner she requested "chicken tacos, rice, and sour cream...lots and lots of sour cream." Her hair drives her crazy but she tries hard to take care of it because she knows her daddy loves her curls.


I am looking forward to this next year with my best girl. My little helper, my entertainer, my red-hair beauty. Words truly cannot express how very grateful I am that she is my daughter.

Happy Birthday Destiny Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vale La Pena

I submitted my last final of the semester around lunch time, texted my mom that I was done, and then stood at the glass door looking out...