Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Just Living Life


Hope insisted that she wanted carrots and pears. She came home and put them in solution. And there they sat until I dried them, cut up the carrots, and put them away. She has eaten a couple of bites of pear and 3 slices of carrots. Good intentions......


I was so excited to make one of my favorite meals that we haven't had since we left the states last year. I knew Camden wouldn't eat it, but Blake, Hope, and I love it. Tater Tot Casserole. I couldn't find tater tots but I used hash browns. I used fresh green beans instead of frozen ones. I was so excited that I took this picture. And then we ate it. The green beans were as crunchy as fresh carrots. So, so disappointing. Hope didn't eat. Blake insisted that he liked it, but the next day for leftovers he picked all the green beans out. I pouted about it for 15 minutes or so. And then today when I finished the last helping....I picked all the green beans out.





Hope is the one in the family that can handle the frigid temperature of the pool. She loves for me to watch her do tricks. Pops out of the water and talks to me with her goggles on. It makes me want to laugh so bad.



                                 Hope took these two pictures in Antigua. She has a good eye.



Doing her homework in our room. Me practicing my indoor lighting photography. As of today our bedroom walls are no longer yellow. Hallelujah.




We take a trip into Guatemala City about once every 2 weeks. I am always, always impacted by the wealth verses the poverty that I see here. Picture 1...a fancy car in a dealership. I took this while sitting at a red-light behind the truck in picture number 3. Some type of trash truck with three men sleeping inside. The middle picture shows the beautiful blooming trees that we enjoy ALL YEAR LONG in the amazing climate of the mountains of Guatemala. I have my complaints about Guatemala City. Traffic, bus fumes, crowds, bus fumes...bus fumes but then I remind myself that this is an adventure....and that when I get home I can take a nap.







The kids with the neighbor boy Linus had a water gun fight tonight. They got so wet they decided to just jump in the pool with their clothes on.




While the kids swam in their clothes, Blake grilled burgers on his new grill he got with birthday money from his parents. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vale La Pena

I submitted my last final of the semester around lunch time, texted my mom that I was done, and then stood at the glass door looking out...