Thursday, April 10, 2014

A New Start

This is my third blog I've started in the past 7 years.  Since I "retired"my second blog which was a little too intense for this season of my life, I have been trying to decide where to go from here or if I should just stop blogging all together. But then, I was looking back at my first blog a few days ago from when Camden and Hope were little and I loved reading all the funny things they said and remembering what it was like to be a mom to preschoolers. I want to have that again. Memories of now for the future. Just the simple things that seem day to day but are so priceless looking back. I'm pregnant with #3 and should be welcoming #4 from Ethiopia in the next couple of years, and I know the pricelessness that is our day to day life is going to multiply as our family grows. One thing I have learned here in Guatemala is that even though I am surrounded with so much that I COULD do, my number one calling and passion is still to be a mom and a wife. That I am getting to be mom to my 9 and 11 year old, while also starting over with two more on the way brings me so much joy and purpose. Here are some pictures Blake took of me yesterday. 3 months pregnant!!




Today I called out to Hope that if she was going to go with her friend that I needed my telephone. Camden said, "Mom, please don't say telephone." Oh, I'm sorry I had no idea "telephone" was an uncool word? What a relief that I have him to keep me from embarrassing myself too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vale La Pena

I submitted my last final of the semester around lunch time, texted my mom that I was done, and then stood at the glass door looking out...