Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Month In Review

Things have been busy around here... But I am feeling great, enjoying my kids, enjoying our work here in Guatemala, and loving the little movements of my growing baby. It's such a miracle when it's happening inside of you. I think of our little one in Ethiopia every day still, but it's nice to have another baby to dream about too....one that I have date for which I can look forward to meeting him or her. A week from today we should find out if it's a boy or a girl. I can't wait!! Here are some pictures of my growing belly at 4 mos/16 weeks pregnant.





A couple of pictures from Mother's Day. We had a great day! Relaxing morning, great lunch at Picadillys, and cooking for, and eating and hanging out with our semester students at night. 




Last Saturday we took a couple of hours and went to Park Florencia. It costs a little money but it is so nice to have open space where we can walk, the kids can take turns riding the bike, playing on the playgrounds, kicking the soccer ball, and having a picnic. 


A few pictures of our time debriefing with our semester students this week. We will miss them so much.






The kids say funny things every day. I wish I was better at remembering them. One that pops into my mind right now to add to this blog happened on our first day of debrief. Hope was at a friends' so it was just Blake and I with Camden when we left. We stopped at Pizza Hut on the way home. We decided we wanted a stuffed crust pizza. Blake was still perusing the menu and he said, "Should we make it a pepperoni lovers so that it has extra cheese and pepperonis?" Camden quickly responded, "Daddy, let's not bite off more than we can chew." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vale La Pena

I submitted my last final of the semester around lunch time, texted my mom that I was done, and then stood at the glass door looking out...